Saturday, May 4, 2013

Loving Life in Thailand

I am loving my time in Thailand.  I have been visiting friends and feel surrounded by love and thankful for their friendship and hospitality!

Today I was in a crowded van going into Bangkok and was seated directly behind a passenger in the front seat.  After about an hour I realized that he was not moving!  I got concerned and looked around the headrest and realized it was a young monk.  Then I became more enthralled and watched for movement!  Nothing!  While I was fidgeting ~ he sat calm.  I kept up my constant fidgeting as I was cramped for space and my feet were falling asleep.  He remained motionless.  The van stopped for gas in the pouring rain and the monk remained still.  He seemed like the only thing in the world that was not in motion.  But then wait....I see movement!  He moved and slowly reached into his bag and pulled out his iPad!!!  Ahhhh....to be enlightened in 2013!!!

The young monks just aren't what they used to be!  Ha!

1 comment:

  1. Ah. Excellent description, Claudia. I felt like I was there, all cramped up in the seat, with you! The ipad part, that's the punchline. Love it.

    ReplyDelete