Thursday, May 30, 2013

Daeng's Beautiful Thai Jungle

I am blessed to have such a lady like Daeng Klaverkamp in my life.  Her rags to riches life is an inspiring story.  From a poor up bring in Eastern Thailand she has brought herself up!

Her passion is taking care of her entire family, effortlessly!   She is humble and well knows how lucky she is.  Generous beyond belief and is grateful for her journey. And although I do not know her entire story and all of her past, I do know there is much yet to be written.

I was welcomed and shown an amazing time for the one month I spent in Thailand.  They graciously picked me up at the airport at midnight in Bangkok.  We stayed at their condo they keep in Bangkok before heading south to the beaches in Pattaya for several days where Jason and his friend, Jake, joined us.  Then headed on to their 'sanctuary' in the jungles of Na Chaluia.  Her and her husband, Geoff, fondly refer to it as the 'Wild, Wild West!' - "it's lawless!"

Their son, Jason, is a jewel, and is a wonderful blend of both Daeng and Geoff.  I was lucky to have been able to spend some time with him in Pattaya.  There is much love and passion in this family of three.

She set me up to travel and visit her friends and family and for that I will always be most grateful.  It enhanced my Thai experience beyond expectations.

Here are my favorite pictures of my time spent with the beautiful Klaverkamp family on their 80 acre farm where they have cash crops of rubber trees, cashews, bamboo, and palm trees that produce palm oil.  The teak wood they tried to grow did not pan out! But the mushrooms certainly have!  Thanks to them for being such great stewards of the earth and not clear cutting their land like everyone else seems to be doing!

Daeng has been collecting rare hard woods for years and recently finished their guest house built out of it, which I called my 'palace'!  Their main home is under construction at this time and one day I hope to return to see the finished 'labor of love'.

I will miss them, and Daeng's dear mother who I feel in love with, and of course my 'palace' too!  But it's time to move on!  Laos bound!





















































1 comment: