Thursday, June 13, 2013

First Attack of the BAD boys!!!

Well....it finally happened!  After nearly four months of safe travels without ANY incidents, I was attacked!!!  (And as I jokingly commented on Facebook, unfortunately, not sexually!)  But this is the scam that the wonderful young man at my hotel warned me about!  I was pedaling along on my bike and two guys came up slowly along side of me, as traffic is always CONSTANT and that seemed to be normal, and the next thing I knew the guy in the back of the motorcycle reached in my front basket and tried to grab my purse right out of it!!!  LUCKILY I had heard of this problem and, although I did not take it seriously, I did always prepare and placed my purse on the bottom and then put my tour book and my much needed map on top!!!  Whew!  After it happened, and SO fast, with instinct all I yelled was, "Good try guys!!!"   And off they sped and so did my heart....

No comments:

Post a Comment