Saturday, March 16, 2013

'Beginning' by Warren Hanson

This is a beautiful book that Wendy and Charlie gave me right before I left on this adventure.  It is SO appropriate and I would like to share the wisdom....

Encouragement at the Start of Something New!

This is the Beginning...
This is where it will all start,
on the wings of some new Spirit with the Beat of some new Heart.
Every morning brings a Promise.
Everyday has Gifts to give.
But Today...Right Now...this Minute...
is when I begin to Live.
And the air that I am breathing
is the breeze of what could be,
as I stand here looking out
on all the things that could be Me.
And the road that goes before me,
leading somewhere out of sight,
is a brand new Opportunity for me to get it Right.
This is the Beginning.
This is Once upon a Time...
There are dragons to be vanquished!
There are castle walls to climb!
But this story isn't written yet.
I'm only on page One.
The Adventure that's awaiting me has only just Begun.
There are Mysteries and Treasures.
There are daring deeds to do!
And if I speak the secret word, then all my Wishes will come true.
That Magic Word has powers that can make the heavens spin.
But it really is no Secret that the password is..."Begin!"

Oh the possibilities in this Beginning I have made!
I am Ready!...but reluctant.
I'm Excited!...but afraid.
Afraid that starting something New leaves something Old behind.
Afraid that what I seek is something I may never find.
Or, if I Find it, that it won't be what I want at all.
That what I've left Behind is what I needed after all.
Beginning can be bittersweet, and hard to comprehend.
It can mean that some sweet, precious part of life is at an End.
And the Heart can feel so Hollow when it has to say Good-bye
that the thought of starting Over is too Hard to even try.
But when I reach the End,
when all my days are nearly through,
I will Not want to look back on all the things I Didn't do.
Nor regret the Joys and Passions
of the me that Might have been,
if Only I had found the the simple Courage to Begin.
so....This is the Beginning...
My Beginning.
My Rebirth.
I Awaken to the Wonder
of what I am Really worth.
It is a Springtime for the Spirit, and it's Giving me a Choice.
So I choose to Use this season as a reason to Rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment